By: 亚博www.yabo11.vipBettina – Bolinas,CA
Last night we wanted to eat something very light and uncomplicated.We are winding down our 30 days here so want to use up what's in the fridge.Enter my favorite shaved vegetable dish.
Grab a vegetable peeler and instead of just peeling the outside of the carrot (or asparagus or parsnip or beet or or potato),keep peeling!Peel all the way through to the end making long ribbons of vegetables.Then dress how ever you want and sautéthe ribbons in that sauce.Anything goes: canned tomato sauce,lemon,creamy sauces.Last night I used asparagus and carrots in a lemon garlic sauce.
- 1 bunch Green asparagus,shaved with a peeler
- 3 large carrots,shaved with a peeler
- 2 large lemons,juiced
- 1 Clove garlic,minced
- 1 Tbsp Brown Rice Syrup or honey in 3 Tbsp of water
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash asparagus/ carrots and shave each stalk from top to bottom so that the pieces look like thin fettuccine.Set aside.
- Juice two lemons and simmer down till juice is a bit thicker (about two minutes over high heat).
- Mince one garlic clove.
- Dilute Brown rice syrup or honey in 3 Tbsp of water.
- Mix warm lemon juice,diluted brown rice syrup,garlic,橄榄油,salt and pepper.Set aside.
- When ready to serve,pour hot dressing (reheat over stove if necessary) over cold raw asparagus and carrot shavings and mix well.